Afternoon Tea Scones
This quintessentially British treat can’t be beaten when loaded up with clotted cream and lashings of jam. Which comes first, jam or cream? We’ll leave that for you to decide...
450g Self Raising Flour
100g Cubed Butter at Room Temperature
100g Castor Sugar
100g Sultana’s and Currants (if required)
100g Buttermilk/Full Fat Milk
• Mix all dry ingredients with butter until a golden crumb is achieved.
• Mix and Whisk the Eggs and Buttermilk together.
• Add the Egg mix to the dry ingredients mix and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
• This will result in a dough that you need to roll to a thickness of 3cm.
• Cut into shape. This should provide 16 scones.
• Put an egg wash on what will be the top of each scone.
• Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.